Details for Benchmark: HL0281
N 37° 48.833 W 107° 41.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN JUAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- V 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1928 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1928
1.8 MI NW FROM SILVERTON. 50 FT. EAST OF HIGHWAY, IN LARGEST OF TWO LARGE BOULDERS IN SMALL CLEARING. MARK WITH FACE VERTICAL, 18 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. DISK IS STAMPED V 19 1928.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.