Details for Benchmark: HL0282
N 37° 48.817 W 107° 41.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN JUAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1928 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1928
1.7 MI NW FROM SILVERTON. ON NORTH EDGE OF ANGLE IN HIGHWAY, SOUTH SIDE OF FORKS OF OLD ROAD, ON TOP OF LARGE GRANITE BOULDER. BOULDER MARKED U.S. 9385.0 B. M.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.