Details for Benchmark: HL0283
N 37° 48.683 W 107° 39.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN JUAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1928 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1928
IN SILVERTON. IN SOUTHEAST CORNER OF GRAND HOTEL BLOCK, 2.5 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK, AT NORTHWEST CORNER OF GREENE AND 12TH STREETS. NOTE-- HOTEL NAME CHANGED TO IMPERIAL HOTEL.
|01/01/1943 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
THE IMPRINT OF THE DISK IS ALL THAT REMAINS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.