Details for Benchmark: HL0424
N 37° 48.300 W 107° 40.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN JUAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- M 439
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
IN SILVERTON. IN SILVERTON, AT THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 550 AND STATE HIGHWAY 110, IN A TRIANGLE FORMED BY THE HIGHWAY JUNCTION, 48.1 M (157.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 110, 21.2 M (69.6 FT) SOUTH OF A PAVED ROAD, 20.9 M (68.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 550, AND 1.6 M (5.2 FT) NORTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.45 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.6 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
|07/05/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (WLR)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.