Details for Benchmark: HL0645
N 37° 51.558 W 107° 38.855 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN JUAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1952
SUMMIT OF STORM PEAK, ABOUT 5.0 MI. N. FROM TOWN OF SILVERTON AND AT HEAD OF BOULDER, ILLINOIS, AND CASCADE GULCHES, 2.0 MI. S. OF GLADSTONE. ANIMALS CAN BE TAKEN TO ABOUT 0.75 MI. OF STATION BY LEAVING THE GLADSTONE - SILVERTON ROAD ABOUT 2.0 MI. N. OF SILVERTON BY TRAIL UP HANCOCK GULCH. AT TIMBERLINE ON TRAIL TURN N. UP MESA.
STATION MARK--A WEDGE SHAPED ROCK, ABOUT 10 IN. HIGH WAS PLACED UNDER CENTER OF CAIRN, 4 FT. IN DIAMETER AT BASE AND 6 FT. HIGH.
NOTE (1952)--A COPPER NAIL AND WASHER WAS CEMENTED IN A BOULDER, UNDER THE CENTER OF THE OLD CAIRN.
REFERENCE MARK--BRONZE REFERENCE TABLET, CEMENTED IN ROCK, DISTANT FROM STATION MARK 12.4 FT. ANGLE BETWEEN REFERENCE TABLET AND SULTAN IS 03 DEGREES 33 MINUTES 40 SECONDS. MAGNETIC BEARING FROM STATION MARK TO REFERENCE MARK IS 203 DEGREES 00 MINUTES.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.