Details for Benchmark: HN0794
N 37° 04.879 W 111° 42.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KANE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
LOCATED ABOUT 57 MI. E. OF KANAB, 2 MI. SW. OF CONFLUENCE OF COYOTE AND WAHWEAP CREEKS, ON A LARGE PROMINIENT HILL ON HIGHEST POINT, ABOUT 400 FT. FROM W. EDGE.
STATION REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK - STANDARD TABLET STAMPED ---PARIA 1953--- CEMENTED IN LARGE SANDSTONE ROCK.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 - A 3/4 IN. PIPE DRIVEN IN GROUND, 50.09 FT. FROM STATION MARK, N 26 DEG 56 MIN W, AND 1.3 FT. LOWER.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 - A 3/4 IN. PIPE DRIVEN IN GROUND, 49.56 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 76 DEG 33 MIN E.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.