Details for Benchmark: HO0112
N 37° 00.187 W 112° 31.749 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KANE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- A 57
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
3.3 MI S FROM KANAB. ABOUT 0.45 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE LATTER DAY SAINTS CHURCH AT KANAB. THENCE 2.85 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE, 0.15 MILE NORTH OF THE UTAH-ARIZONA STATE LINE, 96 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 43 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE WITH TWO TRANSFORMERS, 42 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 45.0 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 8 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND SET FLUSH IN THE TOP OF A SANDSTONE OUTCROP WHICH IS AT THE WEST BASE OF A SANDSTONE HILL.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|12/12/1995 by CHANCE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1995 (MY)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW AND COMPLETE DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 5.3 KM (3.30 MI) SOUTH OF KANAB ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE. THE STATION IS LOCATED ON STATE OF UTAH HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE AND US HIGHWAY 89 IN KANAB, PROCEED SOUTH ON US HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE FOR 4.6 KM (2.85 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT THE STATION IS A BENCH MARK DISK SET FLUSH INTO THE TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP. THE STATION IS LOCATED 0.64 KM (0.40 MI) SOUTH OF KANAB AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD, 0.24 KM (0.15 MI) NORTH OF THE UTAH-ARIZONA STATE LINE, 29.3 M (96.1 FT) EAST OF US HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE CENTERLINE, 12.8 M (42.0 FT) EAST OF A FENCE, 13.7 M (44.9 FT) EAST OF A METAL POST, AND APPROXIMATELY 2.4 M (7.9 FT) ABOVE US HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.