Details for Benchmark: HO0140
N 37° 14.900 W 112° 45.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- L 57
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
17.2 MI NW FROM KANAB. 17.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM KANAB, KANE COUNTY, 5.3 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 15. 200 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 3-FOOT CAST IRON PIPE CULVERT, WITH CONCRETE HEADWALLS, 45 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 2-1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED L 57 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 32.1 KM (20.15 MI) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS IN SPRINGDALE, 11.1 KM (6.95 MI) EAST OF THE ZION NATIONAL PARK BOUNDARY, 8.5 KM (5.3 MI) NORTHWEST OF MT. CARMEL JUNCTION, 0.2 KM (0.12 MI) SOUTHEAST OF THE Y-JUNCTION OF THE OLD HIGHWAY, 22.2 METERS (73 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 61.8 METERS (202.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A 24-INCH CORRUGATED METAL PIPE CULVERT, 21.8 METERS (71.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A BRACED FENCE POST IN THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, 7.9 METERS (26 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE. NOTE--THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE POST WAS DETERIORATING WHEN RECOVERED BY THIS UNIT AND WAS CAPPED WITH NEW CEMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.