Details for Benchmark: HO0150
N 37° 12.767 W 112° 56.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- H 5
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1931
10.3 MI NE FROM ROCKVILLE. 10.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 15 FROM ROCKVILLE, WASHINGTON COUNTY, AT THE CURVED SECTION OF THE BRIDGE APPROACH TO A LONG TUNNEL, 109 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ARCH OF THE TUNNEL, 30 FEET SOUTH OF A ROCK CUT, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH CONCRETE GUARDRAIL OF THE BRIDGE APPROACH, AND 14 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 5 1931 5124.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 11.5 KM (7.15 MI) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS IN SPRINGDALE, IN TOP OF THE CURVED PORTION OF THE NORTHWEST GUARDRAIL OF THE APPROACH BRIDGE TO THE 1.1 MILE TUNNEL, 4.2 METERS (14 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE. THE MARK IS 0.9 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (TM)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.