Details for Benchmark: HO0154
N 37° 12.700 W 112° 57.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- H 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1931
9.3 MI NE FROM ROCKVILLE. 9.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 15 FROM ROCKVILLE, WASHINGTON COUNTY, AT THE ZION HIGHWAY TUNNEL, AT THE WEST PORTAL, AND IN THE TOP OF THE END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE CURBING. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVERY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 1 1931 4885.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 9.75 KM (6.1 MI) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS IN SPRINGDALE, IN TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE NORTH CURB AT THE WEST END OF THE 1.1 MILE TUNNEL, 3.6 METERS (12 FT) NORTH OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE. THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (TM)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.