Details for Benchmark: HO0155
N 37° 12.833 W 112° 57.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- R 57
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
8.0 MI NE FROM ROCKVILLE. 8.0 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 15 FROM ROCKVILLE, WASHINGTON COUNTY, 1.3 MILES WEST OF THE WEST PORTAL OF THE ZION HIGHWAY TUNNEL, AT A CURVE, 47 FEET EAST OF THE RED SANDSTONE GUARDRAIL, 14 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND IN A RED SANDSTONE CUT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED R 57 1934 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 9.0 KM (5.6 MI) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS IN SPRINGDALE, VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A MASSIVE SANDSTONE BOULDER ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SECOND HAIRPIN CURVE 2.1 KM (1.3 MI) WEST OF THE WEST END OF THE 1.1 MILE TUNNEL, 4.3 METERS (14 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 0.6 METER (2 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (TM)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.