Details for Benchmark: HO0198
N 37° 53.467 W 113° 12.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- H 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1928 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1928
14.7 MI SE FROM LUND. ABOUT 14.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 19 FROM LUND, IRON COUNTY, AND 36 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 37 1928 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.