Details for Benchmark: HO0210
N 37° 37.683 W 113° 06.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- H 28
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1928 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1928
1.2 MI NE FROM HAMILTONS FORT. ABOUT 1.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 91 FROM HAMILTONS FORT, IRON COUNTY, 43 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, WEST OF A NORTH ANGLE, AND IN A LAVA OUTCROP. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 28 1928.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 3.28 KM (2.04 MI) SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 130 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT CEDAR CITY, THENCE 4.12 KM (2.56 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG OLD US HIGHWAY 91, IN TOP OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A 3 BY 5 FOOT LEDGE OF VOLCANIC OUTCROP ON THE SLOPE OF A HILL, 61.8 METERS (203 FT) SOUTH OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 46.9 METERS (154 FT) NORTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, 48.1 METERS (158 FT) SOUTH OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 2.0 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.