Details for Benchmark: HO0214
N 37° 32.800 W 113° 10.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- H 2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1928 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1928
0.8 MI N FROM KANARRAVILLE. ABOUT 0.8 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 91 FROM KANARRAVILLE, IRON COUNTY, 51 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 11 FEET SOUTH OF A GATEPOST AT A T-ANGLE IN A FENCE, AND 1 FOOT EAST OF THE FENCE LINE. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 2 1928 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 1.18 KM (0.73 MI) NORTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 91 FROM THE CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AT KANARRAVILLE, IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE Y JUNCTION OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING WEST-SOUTHWEST, AT A FENCE Y JUNCTION, 15.2 METERS (50 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 3.2 METERS (10.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST GATE POST FOR A STEEL PIPE GATE AND 0.5 METER (1.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.4 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.