Details for Benchmark: HO0446
N 37° 09.233 W 112° 34.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- A 368
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
13.2 KM (8.2 MI) NORTH FROM KANAB. 13.2 KM (8.25 MI) NORTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS IN KANAB, IN THE NORTH CORNER OF THE T-JUNCTION OF A SHORT DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST TO THE OLD HIGHWAY GRADE, 0.15 KM (0.1 MI) SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 73, 25.7 METERS (84.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHBOUND HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 30.9 METERS (101.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, 14.3 METERS (47 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE DIRT ROAD CENTER, 5.8 METERS (19 FT) NORTHEAST OF A 24-INCH CEDAR TREE, 5.8 METERS (19 FT) NORTHWEST OF AN 18-INCH CEDAR TREE. THE MARK IS 0.45 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.2 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.