Details for Benchmark: HO0625
N 37° 02.702 W 113° 31.113 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- LOS ANGELES DENVER AWY BN 36
- Marker Type:
- airway beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (LGT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF ST. GEORGE, 6 MILES SOUTH OF WASHINGTON AND 1/2 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE ST. GEORGE CIVIL AERONAUTICS AUTHORITY AIRPORT. IT IS ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF A LOW, NORTHEAST-SOUTHWEST RIM.
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE REVOLVING, GREEN AND WHITE LIGHT OF BEACON 36 AT THE ST. GEORGE C.A.A. AIRPORT. THE BEACON TOWER IS PAINTED IN RED AND SILVER SECTIONS AND IS APPROXIMATELY 57 FEET IN HEIGHT.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE C.A.A. BUILDINGS AT THE AIRPORT GO NORTHWEST ON THE ROAD TO ST. GEORGE FOR 0.3 MILE TO TWO ROAD FORKS ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, TAKE THE RIGHT ONE OF THE TWO FORKS, AND CONTINUE WESTERLY FOR 0.15 MILE TO THE END OF THE ROAD, ABOUT 300 FEET EAST OF THE BEACON.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.