Details for Benchmark: HR2874
N 37° 44.761 W 119° 36.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARIPOSA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1905 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1905
SEE 1956 RECOVERY FOR DESCRIPTION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET CEMENTED IN ROCK.
|1/1/1956 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY USGS.
LOCATED ON NORTH SIDE OF YOSEMITE VALLEY, ON THE SUMMIT OF EAGLE POINT.
TO REACH FROM YOSEMITE VALLEY TAKE YOSEMITE VALLEY AND EAGLE PEAK TRAIL.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---VA 7773 11-4-1905---, CEMENTED IN ROCK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.