Details for Benchmark: HS0945
N 37° 48.726 W 120° 18.340 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TUOLUMNE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 926.990 HHWS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive retaining walls
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by HHWS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
0.3 MI W FROM MOCCASIN. 0.3 MILE WEST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MOCASIN, AT THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE BRIDGE AND DAM ACROSS THE MOCCASIN RESERVOIR, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE BUTTRESS AT THE SOUTH END OF THE SOUTH SPILLWAY OF THE DAMN, ABOUT 18 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, ABOUT 18 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE CONCRETE BUTTRESS, AND ABOUT 4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE BUTTRESS.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1956 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT THAT THE POST OFFICE HAS BEEN MOVED AND THE MARK IS NOW 0.6 KM (0.4 MI) WEST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE IN MOCCASIN.
|11/19/1992 by CADT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CALTRANS 1992 (PDG)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED. A COMPLETE NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. THE STATION IS LOCATED AT MOCCASIN RESERVOIR, ABOUT 13 MI (20.9 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF SONORA AND 5 MI (8.0 KM) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF GROVELAND. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 49 (SOUTH) AND 120, ABOUT 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) NORTHWEST OF MOCCASIN, GO SOUTHEAST ON HIGHWAY 49 FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT, THE ROAD TO THE MOCCASIN POWERHOUSE. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTHEAST ON THE ROAD ON TOP OF THE MOCCASIN DAM FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE BRIDGE OVER THE DAM SPILLWAY AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS SET FLUSH IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST WINGWALL, 85 FT (25.9 M) SOUTH OF AND ACROSS THE BRIDGE FROM CGS BENCH MARK U 701, 45.7 FT (13.9 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE SPILLWAY, 17.1 FT (5.2 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 5.5 FT (1.7 M) SOUTHEAST OF A METAL GUARD RAIL, 5.0 FT (1.5 M) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE WEST END OF THE CONCRETE BRIDGE RAILING, 4.1 FT (1.2 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE WINGWALL AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD. THE STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.