Details for Benchmark: HS2936
N 37° 23.467 W 121° 59.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- G 887 RESET 1962
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Wintertime couldn't find HS2936
There's no witness post in that area now, and the strip of dirt between the southern curb of Wildwood and the soundwall for Hwy. 101 is covered in several inches of dirt and dead leaves from the jessamine vines on the soundwall. So if the mark is even still there, it's under all that stuff.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
2.2 MI NE FROM SANTA CLARA. 1.8 MILES NORTH ALONG LAWRENCE EXPRESSWAY FROM THE JEFFERSON SCHOOL AT SANTA CLARA, THENCE 0.45 MILES SOUTH AND EAST ALONG WILDWOOD AVENUE (FRONTAGE ROAD ON NORTH SIDE OF FREEWAY), AT THE JUNCTION OF WILDWOOD AND TORRANCE AVENUES, 128 FEET WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF TORRANCE AVENUE, 15 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF WILDWOOD AVENUE, 1.0 FOOT NORTH OF THE NORTH FREEWAY FENCE, 3.1 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF WILDWOOD AVENUE, 0.9 FOOT EAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE AVENUE, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.