Details for Benchmark: HS2948
N 37° 23.467 W 121° 57.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Y 876 RESET 1964
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||geodiamond couldn't find HS2948
We couldn't find this one. We looked all around the coordinate area. The coordinates lead to a parking lot that might have been put over the Benchmark.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.6 MI W FROM AGNEW. 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AGNEW, THENCE 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG AGNEW ROAD, NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE AGNEW SCHOOL GROUNDS, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 26 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF AN ASPHALT DRIVEWAY LEADING SOUTH, 14 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A STORM DRAIN IN THE SOUTH CURB OF THE ROAD, 1 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A STEEL FENCE CORNER POST, 1.4 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, 0.7 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE, ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.