Details for Benchmark: HS3009
N 37° 24.333 W 121° 57.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- WELL 325 A
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||FCRs Forever couldn't find HS3009
Subdivision in this area now. Looks as if a townhouse sits right on top of where this benchmark used to be?
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.9 MI NW FROM AGNEW. 0.9 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG SANTA CLARA-ALVISO ROAD FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT AGNEW, AT THE INTERSECTION OF A FARM ROAD, 374 FEET SOUTHEAST OF BENCH MARK B 176, 60.1 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND ACROSS SANTA CLARA-ALVISO ROAD FROM THE NORTH CORNER OF A CONCRETE CULVERT UNDER THE FARM ROAD, 45.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF SANTA CLARA-ALVISO ROAD, 25.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF AN ABANDONED FARMHOUSE, 13 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE FARM ROAD, THE 1-INCH SECTION OF THE TOP OF A WELL CASING BETWEEN TWO CHISELED NOTCHES AT THE RIVETED SEAM, 0.8 FOOT BELOW THE SURFACE OF CONCRETE AROUND THE TOP OF THE WELL, MARKED BY TWO CHISELED ARROWS POINTING TO THE MARK, 1.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.