Details for Benchmark: HS3012
N 37° 24.033 W 121° 57.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Y 591
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.5 MI NW FROM AGNEW. 0.5 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG SANTA CLARA-ALVISO ROAD FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT AGNEW, AT THE T JUNCTION OF A FARM ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST, 44.4 FEET NORTHWEST OF TELEPHONE POLE 93, 29.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF SANTA CLARA-ALVISO ROAD, 11 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST ONE OF TWO LARGE GUM TREES, 14.7 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE FARM ROAD, 1.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, 0.1 FOOT UNDERGROUND, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.