Details for Benchmark: HS3033
N 37° 20.683 W 121° 52.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- JG 4 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Falstaff posted a note for HS3033
No Access. A six-foot ivy-covered chain link fence topped with 3 strands of barbed wire surround the 17th Street Booster Station of the San Jose Water Works. HS3031, T878 is also here. The coordinates are identical.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, ABOUT 140 YARDS NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF EAST SANTA CLARA AND NORTH SEVENTEENTH STREETS, ON THE SOUTHWEST BANK OF COYOTE CREEK, AT SAN JOSE WATER WORKS SEVENTEENTH STREET BOOSTER STATION, IN TOP AND AT THE EAST CORNER OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE FOUNDATION WALL AROUND TEST WELL 4, 79.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE STATION AND BENCH MARK T 878, 5.5 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF A SMALL WOODEN HOUSE OVER THE WELL, 0.8 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE FOUNDATION, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.