Details for Benchmark: HS3034
N 37° 20.900 W 121° 51.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- M 176
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Nazgul posted a note for HS3034
HS3034'RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (DW)
HS3034'SURFACE MARK REPORTED DESTROYED.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, ALONG SANTA CLARA STREET, ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN NORTH 27TH STREET AND THE WESTERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD CROSSING, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF A CONCRETE CURB AT THE END OF A SIDE TRACK LEADING NORTHWEST TO A. LEVY AND J. ZENTNER COMPANY, 104 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF NORTH 27TH STREET, 101.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 31.9 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF SANTA CLARA STREET, ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STREET, AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.