Details for Benchmark: HS3035
N 37° 20.950 W 121° 51.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- U 874
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Nazgul posted a note for HS3035
I passed a benchmark in about the right place, but this bridge was rebuilt in 1993 so I suspect it's not the correct one for this.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, ALONG SANTA CLARA STREET, AT CONCRETE BRIDGE 37-84 OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 101 BYPASS (BAYSHORE HIGHWAY), IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST SIDEWALK, 53.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF LAMP POLE 436, 6.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF THE STREET, 1.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE STEEL GUARD RAIL, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE STREET.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.