Details for Benchmark: HS3037
N 37° 21.133 W 121° 51.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- F 176 RESET 1958
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Nazgul couldn't find HS3037
Found power poles along the DW side of King but didn't see a disk there, and the SE side of the intersection where the disk may have been has a new large building and surrounds. Probably gone but I didn't want to spend a lot of time checking every possibility.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SANTA CLARA STREET AND KING ROAD, 52.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF SANTA CLARA STREET, 17.2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF KING ROAD, 0.8 FOOT WEST OF A POWERLINE POLE, 0.4 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROADS, AND CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN TOP OF A CURB.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.