Details for Benchmark: HS3041
N 37° 21.483 W 121° 50.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- V 874 RESET 1966
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1 MI SW FROM ALUM ROCK. 1.0 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG ALUM ROCK AVENUE FROM THE JAMES LICK HIGH SCHOOL AT ALUM ROCK, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF JACKSON AVENUE, 35.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF ALUM ROCK AVENUE, 87 FEET EAST OF THE EXTENDED CURB ON THE EAST SIDE OF JACKSON AVENUE VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH CONCRETE WALL OF THE BANK OF AMERICA BUILDING, 34.4 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTH ENTRANCE, 1.6 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ASPHALT SURFACE.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.