Details for Benchmark: HS3044
N 37° 21.400 W 121° 50.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- C 880
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.1 MI SW FROM ALUM ROCK. 1.0 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG ALUM ROCK AVENUE FROM JAMES LICK HIGH SCHOOL AT ALUM ROCK, THENCE 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG JACKSON AVENUE, AT SAN JOSE WATER WORKS JACKSON AVENUE STATION, 75 1/2 FEET WEST OF POWER LINE POLE 47, 50 FEET SOUTHEWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 30.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE WATER WELL, 4.4 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF A FENCE AROUND THE WELL, 1.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.