Details for Benchmark: HS3045
N 37° 21.417 W 121° 50.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- D 880 WELL
- Marker Type:
- chiseled cross
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.1 MI SW FROM ALUM ROCK. 1.0 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG ALUM ROCK AVENUE FROM JAMES LICK HIGH SCHOOL AT ALUM ROCK, THENCE 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG JACKSON AVENUE, AT SAN JOSE WATER WORKS JACKSON AVENUE STATION, ON TOP OF THE NORTH SIDE OF A STEEL PLATE WELDED OVER A WELL CASING, 75 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 26.9 FEET SOUTH OF BENCH MARK C 880, 2.3 FEET EAST OF A 1 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING OUT OF THE CONCRETE BLOCK AROUND THE WELL, 2.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, 2.2 FEET WEST OF A 1 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING OUT OF THE CONCRETE BLOCK AROUND THE WELL, ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE AVENUE, 1.2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, AND 1/8-INCH ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE CONCRETE BLOCK.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.