Details for Benchmark: HS3047
N 37° 21.850 W 121° 49.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- QQ 886 RESET 1951
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT ALUM ROCK. AT ALUM ROCK, AT THE T JUNCTION OF ALUM ROCK AVENUE AND CEDAR LANE LEADING NORTHWEST, AT THE SOUTH CORNER OF JAMES LICK HIGH SCHOOL YARD, AT ALUM ROCK FIRE STATION, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE BLOCK WALL, 0.6 FOOT NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTH CORNER, AND 4.1 FEET ABOVE THE ASPHALT DRIVE.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.