Details for Benchmark: HS3093
N 37° 20.417 W 121° 52.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 874
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, ON EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET, BETWEEN ARROYO WAY AND 18TH STREET, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER COYOTE CREEK, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE GUARD RAIL, DIRECTLY OVER THE NORTHEAST ABUTMENT, 22.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, AND ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STREET.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.