Details for Benchmark: HS3094
N 37° 20.267 W 121° 52.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- R 323
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, AT THE T JUNCTION OF EAST WILLIAM AND SOUTH 18TH STREETS, 29.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE PROLONGATION OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE CURB OF SOUTH 18TH STREET, 10 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER LINE POLE 1250, 3.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK, 3.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE CURB OF EAST WILLIAM STREET, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE STREET, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TOP OF THE CURB, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.