Details for Benchmark: HS3100
N 37° 20.150 W 121° 52.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- A 875
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF EAST WILLIAM AND SOUTH 16TH STREETS, 16.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE PROLONGATION OF THE NORTHEAST CURB OF 16TH STREET, 4 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POWER LINE POLE, 1.3 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK, 1.0 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE CURB OF EAST WILLIAM STREET, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE STREET, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE CURB, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.