Details for Benchmark: HS3106
N 37° 19.733 W 121° 52.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- JG 3 USGS
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, BETWEEN VIRGINIA AND MARTHA STREETS, AT SAN JOSE WATER WORKS TWELTH STREET STATION, 276 FEET NORTHWEST OF BENCH MARK F 880, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH CORNER OF A 6- BY 6-FOOT CONCRETE FOUNDATION SUPPORTING A RECORDER, 33 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST BOUNDARY FENCE, 15 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST BOUNDARY FENCE, AND ABOUT 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.