Details for Benchmark: HS3118
N 37° 19.150 W 121° 54.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 176
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, 0.3 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE MAIN LINE OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, THENCE 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE LOS GATOS BRANCH OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, AT THE CROSSING OF LINCOLN AVENUE, AT SAN MARTIN AND CASTLEWOOD WINES WAREHOUSE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH WALL OF THE CONCRETE LOADING PLATFORM, 40.1 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN SAN JOSE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD AND LINCOLN AVENUE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH CONCRETE RETAINING WALL OF A CONCRETE LOADING DOCK AT THE SOUTH END OF A LARGE WAREHOUSE. 22.2 M (72.83 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 12.2 M (40.03 FT) NORTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND 0.3 M (0.98 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.