Details for Benchmark: HS3120
N 37° 18.633 W 121° 55.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- R 176 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.5 MI SW FROM SAN JOSE. 0.3 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE MAIN LINE OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT SAN JOSE, THENCE 1.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE LOS GATOS BRANCH OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, AT THE CROSSING OF FRUITDALE AVENUE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE CONCRETE BASE FOR POWERLINE TRANSMISSION TOWER 1/5, 79 FEET SOUTHEAST AND ACROSS THE SOUTHWEST EXPRESSWAY FROM THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, 90 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 25 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE EXPRESSWAY, ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK, AND 3.4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN SAN JOSE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SOUTHWEST EXPRESSWAY AND FRUITDALE AVENUE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE CONCRETE FOOTING OF A HIGHLINE TOWER, 27.5 M (90.22 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE AVENUE, 7.7 M (25.26 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SOUTHWEST EXPRESSWAY, AND 0.9 M (2.95 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.