Details for Benchmark: HS3122
N 37° 18.100 W 121° 55.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 176 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.3 MI SE FROM CAMPBELL. 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF CAMPBELL AVENUE AT CAMPBELL, 2.3 MILES SOUTHWEST OF SAN JOSE, 0.8 MILE SOUTHWEST OF BENCH MARK R 176 RESET 1962, AT THE JUNCTION OF STOKES AVENUE WEST, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF POWERLINE TRANSMISSION TOWER 0/7, 77 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, 135 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK, AND 3.0 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN CAMPBELL, AT THE INTERSECTION OF STOKES STREET AND SOUTHWEST EXPRESSWAY, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE CONCRETE FOOTING OF A HIGHLINE TOWER, 31.7 M (104.00 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STOKES STREET, 23.6 M (77.43 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 10.0 M (32.81 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE EXPRESSWAY, AND 1.2 M (3.94 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.