Details for Benchmark: HS3124
N 37° 17.850 W 121° 55.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 176 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.9 MI NE FROM CAMPBELL. 0.9 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF CAMPBELL AVENUE AT CAMBELL, ABOUT 9 POLES NORTHEAST OF MILEPOLE 50, AT THE CROSSING OF BASCOM AVENUE, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE BASE FOR THE NORTH LEG OF TOWER 0/4 OF A POWER TRANSMISSION LINE, 68 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, 60 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN CAMPBELL, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SOUTH BASCOM AVENUE AND THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, IN THE CONCRETE FOOTING OF THE NORTH LEG OF A HIGHLINE TOWER, 20.8 M (68.24 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 17.1 M (56.10 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF THE AVENUE, AND LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.