Details for Benchmark: HS3125
N 37° 17.433 W 121° 56.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- D 875
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.2 MI NE FROM CAMPBELL. 0.2 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF CAMPBELL AVENUE AT CAMPBELL, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF A 4 1/2- BY 6-FOOT CONCRETE CLEANOUT BOX, 26.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL, 270 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF A LARGE METAL BUILDING, ABOUT 300 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF NORTH FOOTE AVENUE AND EAST EL PATIO, ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK, AND 4.4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN CAMPBELL, AT 535 A SALMAR AVENUE, IN THE SOUTHEAST END OF A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL OF A CONCRETE CLEAN-OUT BOX AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE AMITY FURNITURE STRIPPING BUILDING AT 535 A SALMAR AVENUE, 8.0 M (26.25 FT) WEST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 3.2 M (10.50 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND 1.2 M (3.94 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.