Details for Benchmark: HS3131
N 37° 16.900 W 121° 56.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 1122
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.4 MI SW FROM CAMPBELL. 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF CAMPBELL AVENUE AT CAMPBELL, 103 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF KENNEDY AVENUE, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR SCALES AT THE WESTERN GRAVEL COMPANY, 96.7 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 15.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE OFFICE BUILDING, 0.5 FOOT NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE SCALES, 0.5 FOOT WEST OF THE WEST SIDE OF THE SIDEWALK ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF THE OFFICE BUILDING, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE TRACK.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN CAMPBELL, AT THE INTERSECTION OF KENNEDY AND RAILWAY AVENUES, IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR AN ABANDONED SCALE, 22.5 M (73.82 FT) SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF KENNEDY AVENUE, 15.0 M (49.21 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF RAILWAY AVENUE, 4.8 M (15.75 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF FOOD AND AGRICULTURE, 0.7 M (2.30 FT) WEST OF THE WEST FACE OF THE BUILDING, AND LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.