Details for Benchmark: HS3135
N 37° 16.317 W 121° 57.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 35 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1908 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.1 MI SW FROM CAMPBELL. 1.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CAMPBELL, ABOUT 3 1/2 POLES NORTHEAST OF MILEPOLE 52, NEAR THE T JUNCTION OF SANTA CLARA-LOS GATOS ROAD AND SUNNY OAKS AVENUE, AT 2- BY 10-FOOT WOODEN CULVERT 51.87, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 5.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.