Details for Benchmark: HS3203
N 37° 18.983 W 121° 54.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- N 879 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF MERIDIAN AVENUE AND MOORPARK AVENUE, AT THE DENVER MEAT COMPANY PLANT, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL AT THE EAST SIDE OF THE SMALL TRUCK LOADING RAMP AT THE NORTH SIDE OF THE PLANT, 240 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE AVENUES, 82 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF MOORPARK AVENUE, 0.6 FOOT NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE DISPATCH OFFICE, 2.2 FEET ABOVE THE CONCRETE FLOOR OF THE LOADING RAMP, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN MOORPARK AVENUE.
|02/22/1990 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
A THOROUGH SEARCH REVEALED NO EVIDENCE OF THE MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.