Details for Benchmark: HS3232
N 37° 18.433 W 121° 53.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- X 176
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT SAN JOSE. AT SAN JOSE, 2.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, THENCE 0.15 MILE WEST ALONG THE WESTERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, IN THE WILLOW GLEN DISTRICT, AT A BRIDGE OVER GUADALUPE RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 12.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|08/05/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.