Details for Benchmark: HS3239
N 37° 17.517 W 121° 52.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- RV 2510 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Nazgul posted a note for HS3239
RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 MARK NOT FOUND.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.1 MI S FROM SAN JOSE. 2.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT SAN JOSE, THENCE 0.9 MILE SOUTH ALONG ALMADEN ROAD, AT THE T JUNCTION OF CURTNER AVENUE, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE RETAINING WALL ON THE EAST BANK OF GUADALUPE RIVER, 30.7 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 27.7 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 22.3 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE WING WALL OF THE CURTNER AVENUE BRIDGE OVER GUADALUPE RIVER, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.