Details for Benchmark: HS3241
N 37° 17.167 W 121° 52.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- V 179=2511 1967 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
3.5 MI S FROM SAN JOSE. 2.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT SAN JOSE, THENCE 1.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG ALMADEN ROAD, THENCE 0.2 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE ALMADEN EXPRESSWAY, 34.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE NORTH BOUND LANES OF THE EXPRESSWAY, 14.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF AN ABANDONED ROAD OVER THE BRIDGE, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE WING WALL OF AN ABANDONED BRIDGE OVER THE GUADULUPE RIVER, 2.3 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE WING WALL, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.