Details for Benchmark: HS3242
N 37° 17.167 W 121° 52.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- V 179=2511 RESET 1974
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
3.5 MI S FROM SAN JOSE. 2.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT SAN JOSE, THENCE 1.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG ALMADEN ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF ALMADEN EXPRESSWAY AND IRONWOOD DRIVE AT THE NORTHEAST END OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER GUADALUPE RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE WHEEL GUARD, OVER THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT, ABOUT 70 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD JUNCTION, 26.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTH-BOUND LANE OF ALMADEN EXPRESSWAY, 8.1 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE, AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE EXPRESSWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.