Details for Benchmark: HS3272
N 37° 16.283 W 121° 56.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- L 7
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CADH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.1 MI S FROM CAMPBELL. 0.7 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CAMPBELL, THENCE 0.4 MILE SOUTH ALONG CASEY ROAD, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER LOS GATOS CREEK, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CONCRETE WING WALL, 15.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 3.3 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE GUARDRAIL, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/12/1990 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
A THOROUGH SEARCH REVEALED NO EVIDENCE OF THE MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.