Details for Benchmark: HS3502
N 37° 41.367 W 121° 44.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 832
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||KG GeoCachers posted a note for HS3502
This benchmark must be in the yard of hexcel Corp.
To see it, you'll need permission from Hexcel.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
1.5 MI NE FROM LIVERMORE. 1.5 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LIVERMORE, IN R2E T3S S10, AT TREVARNO SIDING, AT THE COAST MANUFACTURING AND SUPPLY COMPANY, ABOUT 100 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE TRACK, AT THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE MAIN GATE, AT A WAREHOUSE LOADING PLATFORM, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE PLATFORM, 7.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 1.4 FEET WEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE PLATFORM, AND ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.