Details for Benchmark: HS3514
N 37° 40.667 W 121° 47.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- LIVERMORE EAST BASE RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
1.1 MI W FROM LIVERMORE. 1.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LIVERMORE, IN R2E T3S S18, AT A DIRT CUT BANK, ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN THE SECOND AND THIRD POLES EAST OF THE CROSSING OF A PRIVATE ROAD, 56 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD TRACK, 88 FEET WEST OF TRIANGULATION STATION LIVERMORE EAST BASE, 19 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 4-BY 6-INCH WHITE WOODEN RAILROAD PROPERTY LINE MARKER, 2 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.