Details for Benchmark: HS3515
N 37° 40.667 W 121° 47.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- LIVERMORE EAST BASE RM 3
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||dprovan couldn't find HS3515
HS3513 provides precise location data for this RM, but I couldn't find it. That wasn't a surprise since the 1976 report on HS3513 says they found this mark "BROKEN AND GRADED OUT OF THE GROUND". RM4 was added at that time very near where this RM was.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
1.1 MI W FROM LIVERMORE. 1.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LIVERMORE, 9 RAILS EAST OF THE CROSSING OF A PRIVATE ROAD, 6 RAILS WEST OF THE WEST END OF A BRIDGE OVER ARROYO MOCHO, ON THE TOP OF A BANK, 45 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF PLEASANTON-LIVERMORE ROAD, 32.7 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE TRACK, 91.21 FEET SOUTH OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM THE STATION, 8 1/2 FEET WEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE WITH A GUY WIRE AND A PLAQUE, ABOUT 8 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.